Thread: Casserly Quotes
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

First off let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love our owner, general manager, and coaches. I believe that every single one of them is doing everything possible to make sure that the Houston Texans become a winner.

Take that into account when I say that at this time last year Casserly was telling us that Tony was getting ready to come back and play LT just like we had expected him to be ready to go in 2002.

I know the situations are vastly different. I'm just taking a wait and see approach to almost anything I hear this time of year. Once training camp starts I'll put more weight in things like this. Once Wand has spent a couple of preseason games at LT and held his own I'll start feeling good about it. If he opens the season as our starting LT I'll be thrilled. If he can't win the job yet that's ok too. It's not like Chester Pitts hasn't been capable and we've got some guys who can play G.

I'll be happy if Wand can start at LT in 2005. Anything sooner is gravy.