Thread: Dave Ragone
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
The guy may not have been that great in his two games last season, but remember this; he was a rookie learning a whole new offense in the NFL mind you. Also, if you forgot, the oline was terrible and that is why Carr was hurt, Banks was hurt, and i believe Ragone even got banged up when he was playing. Also, the guy was the best QB ever in Conference USA. He is one of the best quarterbacks ever at Louisville, maybe only after a guy named Johnny Unitas? So cut the guy some slack, becuase he is very good, but he was a rookie. And to be honest, even though he didnt show any superstar qualities, he didnt look any worse than Eli Manning does. And Carr has been on teh decline too.
Man don't get me wrong here. I don't have any sort of problem with Dave Ragone as a person or as a player. He really wasn't ready to play when it was handed to him and everyone knows that. I mean, your'e down to QB #3 so obviously things are getting desperate.

He could in time make somebody a very good quarterback. I am critical not of him as a person or player but of the Texans for picking him when they did in spite of needing help at many other positions. I just don't think he was the move the Texans should have made. Not knocking what he could become or anything like that, I just don't think he really belongs here.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote