View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There are things David doesn't do well. He's not flawless. It is too early to tell whether he's the "real deal" though and we should all keep that in mind. There are so many different factors that go into making an NFL quarterback (even a bad NFL quarterback) that it's hard to put the blame or credit on him alone. They always seem to catch it though.

I haven't seen Carr with real "time" to throw yet in a complete game. Sometimes for a half or a quarter but not once have I seen him have one of those games where nobody even gets near him. More important than that though is that every single time I've seen Carr get pressure since the day the Chargers sacked him 9 times he changes. Carr is (understandably) hit shy. You put some licks on him and his game goes right out the window. Sometimes it only goes for the rest of the series, sometimes it's the rest of the game.

2002 damaged Carr more than the Texans want to admit. That was just plain wrong to do to him. Weekly I watch him play and think to myself "This guy threw 40+ TD's in his senior year?" and I don't mean it as a knock on Carr. I just don't think his development is where it should be at this point and I place the "blame" for that on the people who's job it is to develop him.

He's going to have to find a way to not miss a step after he gets sacked because even if our line gets a hundred times better it's going to happen to him. He needs the Texans to figure out how to protect him because until he starts trusting the line he's going to need more protection than other guys. I think it's that deep in his head at this point. When Carr craters because of a hit or a sack the entire offense craters along with him.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote