View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #38
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What about DDs production? He rushed for 128 yards. Is it possible that that's not enough? What I mean is that if the D focused on the pass on every play the entire game (this is kind of a make believe scenario...I think?) then is it possible that DDs 128 is really not enough. Is it possible that he should've had 200 yds. today if he was actually a good RB?

What if you could beat a good passing team by focusing on the pass and allowing their goofy, over-valued, RB to run for 128 and catch a bunch of dump-offs? The safeties split the field on every play, the corners won't allow the quick-out (or whatever it's called), the LBs drop back, and the DLs pin their ears back, ignore the RB, and zone in on David Carr. What if you did this the whole freaking game and they get 128 rushing and a total joke of a passing game against you? shouldn't a good RB just ABSOLUTELY KILL YOU in that situation? Is that what their defense did to us? Isn't that kind of what we tried on them and they still passed on us, lol?

Could it be that DD really did have a bad game?

Nah....I think Seth Wand sat on his rear end too much, but I'd sure like to see DD catch a dump-off and bust one for 80 yards, while running over a few DBs in the process. He needs to do that. It would really help the situation.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote