View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fiddy, you've given some good stats on how the Texans have lost when DD had big games. Obviously, we agree that DD should not be the #1 receiver, but you seem to also be saying that even in spite of his efforts on good rushing days, he is somehow hurting the passing game. You eve argued that he hurt the passing game last year, when he was rushing so well, and gave stats to that effect.

My question is HOW is he hurting the passing game. Could it be that Carr is just thinking, "Hey, DD can run. I'll just throw all my passes to him." Other than that kind of bonehead thinking by Carr, which I don't know is the problem or not, I don't see how DD is hurting the passing game. I know that Carr's not getting enough protection. You've stated that the D is not biting on the fake hand-offs right now. I THINK that's becuase DD hasn't rushed well for most of this year. Were they not biting on fake hand-offs last year either?

You've given evidence that something might be happening, but I don't think anybody knows WHY it's happening. Got any ideas?

How was Carr's passing on the day that Wells rushed for over 100? I don't remember.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote