Thread: Dave Ragone
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ragone started two games last season actually (Jax and Tampa Bay) and both were beat downs for the most part. As bad as our offense has looked at times (and I'm including 2002) I don't think it's ever looked as ineffective as it did during those two starts. He was so far from being ready to start an NFL game that "ready" wasn't even on the horizon. I'm not too sure that it's any closer today. Maybe a little bit.

Ragone is the answer to a question nobody asked. A wasted pick IMO that the Texans could have spent anywhere else on their team and gotten more value out of. He may indeed one day turn out to net the Texans something in trade or he may become a competent backup to David Carr but we didn't need to fill that need when he was chosen in 2003. We needed help everywhere else. Agree with ArlingtonTexan that Ragone was a Casserly mistake. Worst one yet.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote