View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the team needs to progress and in order to get better they've got to play. It's ugly at times and it's got me wanting to pull my hair out but it's got to happen. Wand won't develop into the player the Texans want just sitting on the bench watching it happen and niether will anyone else. If the Texans were going to spare someone the misery of the learning process then it should have been Carr in 2002 but that time is passed and they can't go back and change that.

Even in the cases where I've thought the Texans made mistakes I still think that another year with this staff in this system is the best bet for growth. Change is what everyone wants when things aren't working but change has a price. Look at the price the Texans paid this season in changing to the zone blocking scheme. If things work out as planned then it also has a payoff and before I want to see Capers & Co. hit the road I want to know if their "plan" for this team is going to pay off.

I've been saying on every board the Texans ever had that I would judge them on wins and losses starting in 2004 and since we're not done yet I'm not prepared to give them my final grade. I will say that right now where wins and losses are concerned they're not doing well. They could win 2 out of their last 3 and finish with 7 wins and that would be a solid, passing season W/L wise. If they took the last 3 games then I'd be thrilled but I don't expect it. Just winning 1 more game makes for a 6 win season and I think a sub-par season. In 2005 I will judge them solely on their win loss record and to paraphrase Bill Parcells (God I hate doing that) at that point "we are what our record says we are". No more expansion talk and no more growing talk. If you can't build a decent team in 4 years, in todays NFL then you need to find a new line of work. If we're watching the Texans false start 5 times in the first half come week 12 of 2005 then I'm no longer sold on the program and think something didn't pan out.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote