View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think the line has played well in the second half of the season so far. I think many people see DD as a problem position because if you cannot rely on your running back to be productive game-in, game-out you will have problems. Just look at the Cowboy offense and how much better their line looks now that Jones is running the ball.

I think this is one of the most important areas to address for the Texans. Dom will make a fine 3rd down back and complimentary back, but if he is your lead back you need some help.

The Texans have multiple problems so I think Dom isn't the only reason we are not a dynamic team yet. We are in year 3 and we need to be patient as we continue to add starters going into year 4. I expect us to compete this year, but there is too much finger pointing to me.
Well, well would depend on your definition of well. How is that for working well into a sentence? If it is better than abysmal then sure they have played "well." If the definition is at least as well as league average then no they have not played even well. DD doesn't play well hurt, DD is hurt to often, etc.--not saying we may not want to draft or get a FA RB--but OL rush blocking is still far too inconsistant/just plain bad to be called well, good or any positive appelation. Their are OL's in this league that anyone could rush behind and OL's in this league that noone could rush behing--ours is much closer to the latter.