View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004   #36
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrumplerFan
What has rudeness to do with football skills? The Eagles added an excellent receiver and got better that way. The didn't look for a jerk to come in and add some fire! As far as i know they considered him a risk for team chemistry because of his Egoism and smash mouthing. But he isn't a better player, cause he's rude,as it sounds like this in your text.
You are correct, rudness doesn't have anything to do with football skills. That is not what I was saying. Over the off season, when players with this "bad attitude" were talked about by the fans, many would say, "Don't bring them here, we don't need that kind of attitude on this team." It seems that people want the good wholesome guys that are rold model citizens.

What I am saying, is I don't care if they are nice guys or not, I don't care if they say please and thank you, I care about thier football playing skills, and that is it! If a guy is a great athlete then I want him on this team, I don't care about anything else. With that being said, I do believe that there is a certain attitude that a player should have. I want a tough, ruthless player, who yes, doesn't give a damn what others think.

But to answer your question. No, being rude doesn't make you a good football player, but having a certain swagger and fire about you sure helps.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote