View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It isn't time for any changes.

Offensively. Palmer gets the blame (naturally)
He is working on his 3rd year. Carr has only had 1 year (really) to work the offense. 1st was practice handoffs.. 2nd year we opened up alittle ,but still too many new faces on the line/ rookies at the playmaker position.. and no complete TE. This season we do have most of the tools (except TE and a speed RB) and the line is learning a new blocking scheme.. I expect our offense to have a better season next year (we have impoved statswise).. our redzone needs work.

Defensively
I have been harst on this group.. this is the veteran group. these guys worked their tails off the 1st 2 seasons without any kind of offense.. (maybe it was that the offense was so bad I thought the defense was actually decent). But we have only had 1 draft where we have acknoledged the defense and if we get 3 starters out of that draft I will be happy (Earl,Babin,Robinson) and they have to get the scheme down.. This next draft I expect us to build on defense again and hopefully get at least 2 more starters out of that one too. Fangio needs more time also..

we see how changing the scheme on the OL has hurt (until they learn it) just think of changing philosophy (on both sides of the ball) could hurt a young team
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote