View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
The Oline has played well at times, just not consistent ...
If by well you mean above average for the league I would disagree--they have just looked like they are playing well because it is relative to how bad they have looked at other times. Overall this year they have taken a major step back on run blocking and sacks. To their credit there have been more (but still nothing like a significant portion of the playing time) occasions on which Carr has had time in the pocket--actually that is new this year, a few times with a pocket.

Having said all that, I don't think the best improvement will come from imploding the line. I would replace McKinney, keep 4 of 5 positions the same and let them gel.