View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004   #28
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of us predicted 8-8 or 7-9. With that type of record alot of inconsistency is to be expected. Blowout losses one week, Come from behind victories a next week, last second losses another week, to pretty solid winning performance another week.

I think for the most part, especially those of us who hoped for the playoffs but figured 8-8 or 7-9 wouldn't get us there, the disappointment has been that the season has gone opposite of expected. I know I though we would have our share of difficulties early but showing some real good football in December. For the most part the month of October was a great month and I think it allowed us as fans to get ahead of ourselves.

One thing that I can say is that until we take control of the line of scrimmage on both sides of the football, we will continue to see these types of seasons. The Oline has played well at times, just not consistent and David has had to move around alot. Other teams QBs get to stand upright and wait for receivers to get open against our defense which is why we lost so many 3rd and long battles this season. To me, that is where the majority of our games have been lost. The LOS.

I too want to see us get a stud Dlineman or MLB. Foremans injury may provoke that decision even further.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote