View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
Well one thing i can tell you is that there is some speed on this team. You got Dunta on the corner, who has been pretty successful in covering and in blitzing from the corner. You got a new rookie safety that is quick. Maybe Glenn and Sharper are getting up there but they are not slow. Then you got your OLBs that are young, Babin and Peek. Peek can run a 4.5 or sub 4.5 in the 40, Babin is around a 4.5. Thats not bad for 250 pound men. Maybe the Dline is a bit slow but they are all DTs. And how big do you want your OLBs to be? They have to drop into coverage remember. Joey Porter in Pitt is 6-3 250, is he too small to be good? The speed may be true of our second ILB, Foreman or Polk, but overall this team is not extremely slow. They may not be as fast as some teams, but when a few more of the older veterans are replaced this team will be fine in terms of speed. The team needs to stop dropping into zone every play, and actually run a few blitzes, then you would see a different team.
I am with Beerlover on the pure speed/quickness of this unit. I am not sure how fast peek is in regards to simialr players around the league, but one the reason that he looks so fast on the Texans is because he is the only player in the front seven mix where speed is his primarily asset. The unit always seems to be a half a step away from making the play. i hope that the texans management does not feel that you can't have a DLman with some quickness in the 3-4 even as situational guy. One reason that you may not see the ton of blitzing is the speed/quickness factor overall. team that blitz a ton are usually quicker teams. Often zones are an attempt to hide a deficency in speed/quickness.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote