View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Think moving up in the draft is generally overrated. this year, especially there is not a great separation of talent between the top 7 or 8 prospects and the rest of the pack. as the draft approaches things could look different, but there 15-20 guys right now people are making arguments are top ten picks. i don't think they will be getting a better player at 11 or 12 than at 18 or 19.
My point was not to suggest we should "trade-up" in the draft. My point is
that since we have no realistic chance of getting in the playoffs, there is
really a disincentive to win more games this year since it would only cost
us in the draft order. For those who say we won 4 in '02, 5 last year and therefor if we win 6 games this year we are making progress - I think that's
silly. To me there is virtually no between winning 5 games and 6 or 7 if you
miss the playoffs except you get a better draft pick with the < W-L.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote