View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004   #30
coltsfreeney93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I was saying it over a week ago in another thread in the NFL forum and I'm still saying it. Sack Manning. If you can't bring the pressure you're going to lose bad. I'd keep coming with the blitz until he's having trouble finding his way to the huddle. Overload the line, expect to be burned a few times for doing it, and put his butt on the ground. Just let Peek run wild. Give him the start and tell him that he's got to put the smack on Peyton.

And even if we do get to him we're going to lose if the offense shows up with it's usual lousy performance.

That's good theory..but to actually put that to work is a whole other ballgame. The offensive line is one of the most dominate in the league (7 sacks given up all year..number 7 coming from a bad snap by a first time center last sunday against the titans..so really you are looking at 6 legit sacks). And to blitz Peyton all the time would be signing a death wish..just ask Green Bay. Peyton has the quickest release in football..so getting pressure is very difficult. He can audible the plays to match perfectly to counter your blitz efforts.

Here's to a good game...and hopefully the Texans players are mature enough to not want to purposely injure anyone. That would really put a damper on the respect your up and coming team has. Injury free on both sides!
coltsfreeney93 is offline   Reply With Quote