View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not think the Cowboys are good enough to get into the playoffs much less win a playoff game. Porous defense...I think Hasselback (sp?) had over 400 yards passing last night. I do like Ellis and Glover on the D line, they both play hard and are disruptive but their corners are bad (even Newman has done very poorly this year to me and he was a #1 draft pick).

I would play Henson because if he cannot play they need to know right now..but Bill will not change so I'm sure Vinny will continue playing. And actually I think Vinny has done a pretty good job this year considering his age and immobility. I have seen a few games where he just made some really bad decisions but like last night he threw one pass to Johnson that was just beautiful and he has been throwing to Witten who I think is another bright spot on the offense. He'll be an impact TE if he keeps it up.

So NO I don't think they are a playoff team at all. They are capable of playing good football but not playoff level and yes I think you are right they would get beat in the playoffs.

I would play Henson to see what he can do.

I will admit I was wrong about JJ. I said he was a bust and he is obviously not. He seems to be rounding into a quality back. Body wise he reminds me of Emmitt. A real fast Emmitt. So Bill and Jerry did the right thing drafting him.

They need to draft defense though. The D this year has been horrible. I don't know if it's coaching or just poor play but it's been very poor.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote