View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetero doxy
one reason they trade out of the draft is so mcnair won't have to sign anyone and can keep the texans millions of dollars under the cap- money that stays in his pocket- under what owners with much lower revenues than him are spending. mcnair knows we gave him the stadium and demand nothing in return- he knows houston.
I already know the drill, but I going to go through this exercise anyway. If the texans trade out a draft pick (which left out do typing too quickly), they will trade 3rd this year for a 2nd the following year. In that sense, the team is only saving one year's money, and a 2nd round pick makes more than a 3rd round pick. In fact, more than enough that interest from one year's savings of salary.

BTW, I am anti-taxpayers paying for stadiums so I have no agenda to defend in that manner.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote