View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted this in the Chronicle thread (making light of our lack of local coverage), but for the archive's sake I am putting this tidbit on Lord here too...
Quote:
"I don't mind [the switch], not at all," said Lord. "I've got to feed people. I've got to feed my mother."

As a two-year starter at Nebraska, Lord passed for 2,848 yards and 18 touchdowns and rushed for 2,573 yards and 24 touchdowns, the school's second best rushing total for a quarterback behind Crouch.

But the Texans were looking for defensive backs, and Lord's 6-foot-2, 220-pound body seemed ideal for a free safety.

"I didn't really look that far ahead [to the pros] when I was playing," Lord said. "All I knew was I wanted an opportunity."

The Texans saw in his offense the makings of a good defensive player.

"He's just a big, powerful guy, and he's got explosiveness," Houston coach Dom Capers said. "We noticed when he was running the ball in college, he hit some tacklers pretty hard. With power and speed like that, he can do a lot of things. And he's the type who can contribute on special teams while he's learning the new position."
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/co...8772289.htm?1c

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote