View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004   #32
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
Carr had plenty of time, if he would have stepped into the pocket formed by the O-line. Instead he gets 'antsy' runs to his right (like he does EVERY time he scrambles), sometimes right into the defender who is being pushed that way to make a POCKET for Carr, and he immediately starts looking for a TE or DD to pass it to. The receivers become a non-factor as soon as Carr starts to run.
Something that I have observed that drives me nuts is this. Whenever our defense is on the field, I see many times during each game where the opposing QB throws the ball immediately after taking either a 4 or 5 step drop, and completing it to the open primary receiver.

When Carr is on the field, I never see that. I never see Carr throwing it right after getting set. (And those sideline passes to AJ don't count) There's always a delay. He gets set and then waits, and looks and waits, and then scrambles. Never have I seen him just drop back and throw.

Why is the primary receiver never open? Is AJ always the primary? If so, whose fault is that?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote