Thread: depressing game
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004   #33
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We expect way too much from this young team.
If this was 2002, or even last year with the injuries, I'd agree with you.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than 48 yards and zero points in two quarters of football.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than being outscored 109-34 in three consecutive road games.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than the ineptitute and lifelessness we've seen in recent road games.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a mostly veteran defensive front to hold an opponent to under 210 rushing yards in a game.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least a 7-9 record from this team. They will need to win two more games to get there. This team doesn't appear to have the fortitude to win another road game. If they win fewer than 7 games this year, it will be a disappointment considering their relative lack of injuries.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote