View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is Jekyll & Hyde right now. Brilliant one play-series-game and clueless the next play-series-game. There's no way to predict what you're going to get on any given week. Right now I'd say his opportunities have increased (and thus his stats are better than in previous years) but he's regressed in terms of taking advantage of those opportunities. He's nowhere near where he should be where his maturity is concerned. He couldn't look off a ten year old. He too often fails to look at other options other than the first and last. It's feast or famine as he either hits his primary or dumps down to his safety valve.

Recently he's become extremely innaccurate. What's going on here? I suspect it's just extended growing pains. He's not going to "get it" as quickly as we'd hoped he would. Could be worse. He could be progressing at Harrington's pace. It's just going to be a frustrating rest of the season and maybe we can do better next year.

There's so much wrong with this team that it's way past just Carr or the recievers. What's wrong with the run defense? What's wrong with the offensive line? What's wrong with the secondary? How come we get no pass rush? It goes on and on. We're a joke on 3rd down. I've reached a point where I don't even get excited when we get someone in a 3rd and long situation. that's an invitation to disaster. If a defensive series doesn't end in a pick it's usually a bad thing around these parts.

Play out the string like we did the previous two years and hope for some more help for next season. I'm already looking forward to the draft after this last collapse.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote