View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGHTYTEX
I was at the jets game and I was stunned and amazed that on the Texans first two drives went for it on 4th downs when it would have been possible to have Brown kick field goals. I understand that we may have been trying to take the jets out early but why not try a 43 and 47 yard field goal and get points and kick off to the jets and give them worse field position. Can anyone tell me why we didn't do that.
Those field goals would have been 53 and 57 yards. The wind in giants stadium is unpredictable. I was actually surprised he did not attempt to punt them deep and play field position. That said, the Jets only got 6 points out those tries.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote