View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004   #19
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Up until this game here I have given Carr plenty of opportunity to impress me. I give up after this game. Carr won't improve, IMHO, and it is time to bring in someone who will for the future. Cause, quite simply, Carr ain't got what it takes to make it in the NFL.

Carr had plenty of time, if he would have stepped into the pocket formed by the O-line. Instead he gets 'antsy' runs to his right (like he does EVERY time he scrambles), sometimes right into the defender who is being pushed that way to make a POCKET for Carr, and he immediately starts looking for a TE or DD to pass it to. The receivers become a non-factor as soon as Carr starts to run.

This is far easier to see in person at the games actually. I have seen many times when just as a receiver is getting open, usually by running the correct, but long, route that Carr chooses that time to start scrambling. And I would hazard a guess that 50% of those scrambles were NOT necessary but Carr getting 'antsy'.

Carr is simply not comfortable staying in the pocket and letting the play develop. He likes to scramble. Not necessarily a bad thing in and unto itself. But when he does it un-necessarily and the result is the downfield receivers are totally ignored then it does reflect in a poor pass or missed opportunity while Carr dumps the pass to either DD or our TE.

glad to see DD is getting back into his previous outstanding RB form, and AJ doesn't even need to be mentioned as one of the NFL's premier WR. So with a RB and WR combo like that we can't score a TD in an entire half of the game. Seems to me that the only position that needs upgrading to match the rest is the QB.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote