Thread: depressing game
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not judging any of the texans play during the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I compare it to a boxing match I watched a few months back where the ref kept calling a fighter for holding behind the head.. it was stupid, it was unnecessary, and it completely ruined the rythm of the fight for the fans and the boxers. The match was a 12 round farce that wasnt the least bit entertaining.

That is basicly what happened here. The refs went crazy in the 3rd quarter.. blew some HUGE calls against the texans.. gave the jets two TDs and completely took the fire out of us.. while instilling the fire in the jets.

We looked GOOD this game.. we didnt even have a chance to show if we could come out in the second half and continue to play like we did in the first.

Yah yah i know.. great players overcome.. great teams overcome.. blah blah blah. its true, but its also a lame excuse. Great teams overcome when its a bad pass interference call that leads to a 60 yard gain that the opposing team shouldnt have gotten. great teams overcome when an incomplete pass is ruled a fumble. even great teams would have a hard time overcoming that 3rd quarter.

I dont expect yall to agree with me.. but that is the way I see this game. I am not disappointed in the way the Texans played.. the 2nd half was a product of the penalty calls and the ruined momentum and frustration.

Just gonna have to look past this game and hope we get a better crew for next week.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote