View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

True, age is always a concern. However, I think Gildon is still a possibility because of the experience he brings to the game. He would serve as a backup or situational rusher. Don't forget he still put up pretty good numbers last year. He posted 42 tackles, 6 sacks, an interception, and 6 passes defensed. Not bad for a guy who lost a step. Another thing to remember is that he's played virtually injury free since 94, and he's only a few years removed from his 13.5 and 12 sack seasons. Granted all this is dependant upon if Gildon would be willing to have a reduced role in the defense, but I feel he would accept it sooner than Trotter. Pittsburgh used him as a DE on passing downs the past couple seasons if I'm not mistaken. With all the defenses in the league either switching to a 3-4 or at least implementing it as another option for its base 4-3 defense (like the Patriot's played last year) Gildon could be looking to land a starting spot. The age thing isn't as much of a worry as in years past since Casserly signed Weigert. Still if Gildon is looking for money he might find more of it in one of the teams desperate for edge rushers in a 3-4.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote