View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm dissappointed in the NFL for even making him an offer. They should have refused to even speak to him or his people until next year. At that time, I would say that the NFL could allow him back, but I'd be dissappointed in any individual team that spoke to him, especially Miami. Just think about how we'd feel if he'd done that to the Texans. He needs to be made an example of. Professional sports, in general, need to make more examples of the screw ups. I guess, after he quit this year, I have less respect for Williams than any NFL player I've ever heard of and, if he comes back, I will inevitably hate the team that takes him. If it's the Texans, it's gonna really mess up my fanatacism about them.

But it doesn't look like he's coming back. Good. I also suspect that anyone who breaks a contract like that is never really going to be permanently straightened up and (I see he's gone back to college) I wouldn't hire him for ANY job at all. Right now, he's just doing something he thinks is fun or interesting. When he gets bored with it, he'll just quit. Then there's the drug problem and, no, I do not believe he's off of drugs, either.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote