View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
The fact that Williams turned down what to me appears to be a sweetheart deal to get his life straightened out tells me that there's no way he'd be worth the risk. It's true that you're almost never going to be able to find a roster of perfect angels to put on the field but you at least want your devils to be effective and reliable. You pick your moments to add players who are "free spirits" and try to avoid the outright cancers as much as you can.

Ricky Williams is not a good risk. Nobody could convince me that he's ready to focus completely on playing football after he turned this down. I believe that the only explanation possible for him to refuse this overly fair arrangement is he has no desire to play football again or at the very least he hasn't enough desire to do it for a team to rely on him.

He's done.
I couldnt agree more. Now that he hs turned down the NFL's offer to return, I dont think many teams, if any would want him, even if the NFL did allow him back in for the 3rd time.

A player that retires and then comes back, should get his shot, if he is a damn good player. But he is past that now.... Its sad. What a waste of a great ball player.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote