View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004   #13
texanfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
I think a two way TE (block/catch) is needed even if Joppru is healthy and good..the one trick pony acts of Miller and Bruenner are not good enough at the one trick not to be challenged.

Honestly, I would look FA first because a decent guy can be had for not a ton of money.

True, it is important to have a versatile tight end that can both block and catch. And, yes, sometimes when a team gets lucky you can get that player at a bargain because they are not well known yet . But, everyone needs to give Murph a little credit. This kid played better than both Bruener and Miller in every single preseason game. He had 5 catches averaging 17 yards a catch (2cnd overall on the final stat sheet for receiving yards). Now, I know that preseason is not the same as regular season games but it should at least say something for the tight end that Murphy could become if we actually utilize him and start giving him some experience. I saw that he had a really good block last week on the last touchdown drive helping Domanick to open up and score some points. When Murphy has been suited up and playing we have won 5 out of 7 games (close losses to Minnesota and Green Bay)...this means absolutely nothing (or does it), but had to add it in since some people think that when certain players are in we either drop passes or score touchdowns.

Last edited by texanfan; 12-02-2004 at 11:44 PM.
texanfan is offline   Reply With Quote