Thread: Foreman vs Polk
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, thanks. We'll see if they change it ...

I usually refer to the gamebooks for things like this.

Edit: Well -- so much for them changing it.

The person who maintains those bios told me that the defensive tackles they use for those notes are counted by the coaches after they watch the film and itís rather liberal. Thatís why the league wonít recognize tackles as an official stat.

In other words, those 13 tackles are what the Texans defensive coaches credited him with. That's probably a combination of tackles and assists. I have no idea where the tackles stat on the gamebooks come from - if it's Elias or the NFL's statisticians or someone else. I'll try to find out.

Last edited by aj.; 12-02-2004 at 03:10 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote