View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So maybe 1,000 yards is no big deal in todays NFL (and I happen to agree with that) and maybe a 1,000 yards is about 1,000 yards shy of where Davis wanted to be when the season ends. If he gets it then combined with last years 1,000 I think he's about 1,500 yards ahead of where the Texans expected him to be when they drafted him in the 4th round to compete for return duties and play some 3rd down back.

I'll take it for now certainly. If the line improves and he's sitting around 1,500 yards next season then I'll be a very happy fan indeed. If they improve and he's still doing a grand a year then there's always the draft and free agency.