View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004   #20
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

eh.. i trust the coaches in this one. Yah.. Peek seems awesome when he comes into the game.. but I remember last year dom capers was talking about how one minute Peek would be winning the game for us.. and the next he would be losing the game for us (that is not a direct qoute of course..but that is the general idea)

Peek was just making alot of mental mistakes. If the coaches.. who see him practice every week.. feel that he is not ready to be a starter.. then I trust them. I doubt that they have failed to notice peek sacking the QB.. and I doubt that they would leave him on the bench if they didnt have good reason to.

As for switching players out on passing downs.. we want Babin in there for EVERY DOWN. he is still learning and we need him in there improving his pass rushing skills. I suppose peek COULD take Wongs place.. but Wong has been having a pretty good year too.. and is our best cover OLB.

So i dunno. I would still really like to know if peek is capable of handling the ILB spot. I would have liked to see him in there instead of Polk. Of course peeks strength seems to be the outside rush.. so ILB wouldnt be as good a fit. I dunno.. maybe peek has an inside rush too?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote