View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

That article is so funny, Carr isn't the one to blame. Has anyone noticed that when we were winning those games D.D. played a limited role and we used Wells more. Then recently in the games we lost thats when D.D's injury has supposely complety healed and he has taken a bigger role in our offense and has taken pretty much all of the carries. Do you see how after he said all those things about Carr, he says if the Texans want to be successfull the texans need to improve their rushing attack. Does the guy want Carr to start running around throwing blocks all over the feild. The only reasoning I can come up with for this aticle is that the national media likes to tear down athletes who are the face of a struggling team, especially if they are a #1 ovrl. pick qb. It's a win win situation for them. Lets say the player continues to struggle, then its "I told you so, hes a bust, this whole organization is in shambles" and with hindsight they start mentioning all the great players drafted after him. Now if the player succeeds and makes them shut their damn mouths (ala Drew Brees) it turns into a great story for them,"oh what great adversity this player has overcome." etc. etc. etc. and everone jumps on their bandwagon. while I just sit back and laugh remebering all of the ridicoulus things that were said or written like the peice above.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote