Thread: Stackhouse
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Here is what it I found on Stackhouse coming out of Ole Miss as a FA signed by the Giants in 2002:

Quote:
FB Charles Stackhouse, University of Mississippi, 6-2, 252lbs, 4.90: Signing Stackhouse would be a major coup for the Giants as he has a good chance to be the Giants' starting fullback on opening day. I had Stackhouse rated as the #1 fullback in the draft. Stackhouse started 25 games in his career, including 10 in each of the last two seasons. In 2001, he started eight games at fullback and two at tailback. Selected to the Senior Bowl after rushing for 330 yards and five touchdowns on 75 carries. Also caught 21 passes for 172 yards and two scores. Finished career with 125 carries for 549 yards and six touchdowns and 35 receptions for 334 yards and three scores. Charles has classic fullback size and toughness. Plays quicker than he times. Good runner and receiver out of the backfield for a big man. Runs with power. Adjusts well to the pass and has good hands. Flashes good leading blocking skills, but needs more consistency in that department. Was the lead blocker for Deuce McAllister. Needs better technique in keeping his pad level down and adjust better when blocking on the move. Picks up the blitz well - an unusual quality for a rookie. Frank Coyle of DraftInsiders.com believes he has future Pro Bowl ability. At the Combine, Stackhouse ran 5.00 with 29'' vertical leap and a 9'3'' broad jump. Benched 225lbs 20 times.
I got this quote from the article below:
http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/draft/draftr02.htm
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote