View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
I would too ... in the early 90's. Favre was going to lead a franchise back to it's storied past and Carr was in high school.

In 2004, I take Carr and look forward to a 10 year future (not a guaranteed star, but that's what makes it exciting to watch).
I'd swap them straight up right now. I'm not sure Carr will be nearly as good as Farve is right now at this stage in his career. I'd take 2-3 years of above average QB play then a decade of average play.

Quote:
Favre is like a Crossword puzzle with nearly all the answers written in. He may have won his last playoff game ... played in his last Superbowl.
That still doesn't make Carr better than Farve.

Quote:
Carr is like a crossword puzzle with only a couple of answers written in. He may win a few playoff games and may win a Superbowl.
And so may Trent Dilfer.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote