View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
Uhhhh....., my math skills aren't that great, but wouldn't that add up to 2 draft picks given up? I sure hope you're not going to use the argument that it's an extra 3rd round pick. This team still needs depth at several positions & giving away extra picks won't help. I say we solidify our depth this year & look to add the impact players, starting next year.

yes that is the arguement im going to use . Its all a matter of perspective. and ya we need depth.. but not quite as badly as we needed it last year. the only place on defense we are TRUELY lacking depth now is on the line.. and a 3rd and 4th rounder can probably fill that up for us a bit. And we COULD use another quality LB.. especially an ILB.

really if you look at it... we are doing alright at CB. Faggins is coming along nicely.. Wright, when we saw him last year, was doing alright. We have Coleman still and he can go back to CB if necessary. The only "problem" we might have is Glenn getting old.. but he will make it another year and CB can be our primary concern in 2006. Besides that would give Robinson another year to grow before we bring in another rookie.

FS we are doing good with Coleman.. and as long as we resign Mcree we will have a quality backup. Id actually like to see Mcree start.

SS is looking alot better now with Earl starting and brown & simmons as backups.

the LBs could use another player. at OLB we have peek backing up.. which is good but not exactly deep when you are playing a 3-4. but who do we have backing up sharper and foreman? according to our depth chart.. DaShon Polk and Troy Evans.. say huh? id much rather have our all star playmaker in Johnson working alongside Sharper.. with Foreman being an above average backup. And Johnson could move to OLB if it became necessary.

Dline.. as I said.. we need depth.. but really, you can get real good 3-4 linemen in the middle rounds. using the 3rd and 4th on lineman would probably be our strategy even if we didnt use our 2nd and 1st to get Johnson.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote