View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I think he should be open around the 15th pick.
Brooks is a 249 lb 3-4 ILB who could project to OLB. He's lined up at WR for the Cavs in Hail Mary situations and has a 40 yard kickoff return. Guys like that just don't stay on draft boards very long. Brooks will likely have the best computer numbers for a ILB since Brian Urlacher in 2000. Urlacher went at #9 to the Bears from a mid-level school.

One interesting thing about Brooks is that his father Percy played DT for Washington when Charley Casserly was in the Skin's front office. Casserly has probably known Ahmad since he was a little boy. As a draft eligilbe Sophomore, Brooks is not a lock to leave early. He's started 2 years at Virginia after spending a year at a military prep school. I just don't think a guy like Brooks would leave school unless he got assurances from the NFL draft committee that he'd be a top 10 pick. Unless the Texans can't turn this losing streak around, I don't believe they'll be in a draft spot to select Ahmad Brooks.