View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Well, not to sound like a smartass, but when Carr has 14 years experience under his belt, with nearly 50 thousand yards and 365 touchdowns to his credit, then maybe he could get by without a running game. But right now, Carr needs a running game to keep the pressure off.
i do understand that a running game would help but we dont have one. these teams arent even playing the run and they are stoping us. so i think our best chance of winning would be to pass early when we have at least a little bit of suprise rather than waiting untill later in the game when we are down and have to pass.

in the rare case when we have a lead i think we should do something different than what we have done, since what we are doing doesnt work. in 2+ years we have not had one blowout but we have lost at least 2 or 3 games where we had a double digit lead. that tells me that we are not doing something right. reasonable people try something then if it doesnt work they try something else. i think next time we get a big lead it would be a good time to try something different.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote