View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004   #15
georgewashington
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Yes, a ridiculous amount of difference. That is one reason Babin plays the strong side and Peek is a weak-side linebacker. The strong-side linebacker needs to be strong against the run. Last year Peek was lit up, exposed and isolated like Matt Stevens when he played on the edge. He was miserable against the run. Babin is a solid run stopper. I'm not sure if he has improved....because Wong is playing well. I am hoping Peek can take over the weak side OLB by next season.
If it is that ridiculous then how come Peek has been Babin's sub every game this year and not someone else? And you cant keep comparing all these statements to last years performance. The point is that if you looked at his play he hasnt really made too many mistakes that can lead to saying he is still bad against the run. He did very well against the colts in keeping contain and making a stop against edge's cut back. I think its funny to criticize what hasnt happened this year. Hes played well in coverage, hasnt been faked out by the running back, and hasnt given up a big play. and i also think i read that foreman has a hurt neck and could be out this week. so the switch up is not that ridiculous of an idea.
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote