View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I admit I am glued to Carr after the ball is hiked.. Seems yall are ones that see more of the field than I do.. But my question is what is our game plan with our TE's on passing downs?
Miller has 7 catches for the season
Bruenner has 3 catches

To me that is alarming because I believe most teams that are good have a good TE to be the QB's security blanket so to speak. We seem to go to DD as our security blanket.

Is our OL that bad that we have to keep the TE's to help blocking? or are they just not able to get open?
When Joppru was re-injured we pretty much chunked our two TE sets because all we had left were incomplete TE's. We went to a 3 wr set because Armstrong and Gaffney are better in routes than Miller or Bruenner so they get the slot looks. Miller hurts the team as much as he helps it with his handful of receptions because he is a lousy blocker. Bruenner is a glorified Tackle really, but he has been inconsistent himself. I've seen him whiff on some key blocks this year.

The Chiefs, Patriots, Colts have all used high picks on TE's the last few years. It would not surprise me to see us take another one on the first day next year. Much of that will depend of Joppru (my avatar)
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote