View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Not necessarily.

If ya think about it, or needs on defense are many.. but our need for defensive rookies are few. We dont need 10 more rookies.. we need 2 more playmakers and some depth.

As I said in my other post here, I would be willing to give up our 1st 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up and get Johnson. That would still leave us with a 3rd for day 1.. which we can use to get a quality Dline prospect.

then we still have our 4th, 5th, 6th, and 2 7ths to try for a little more depth.

I mean honestly.. Seth Payne is going to start next year whether we get a rookie lineman or not. And so is Robaire smith.. but judging by Walkers current play, he may be better off spelling our other linemen, than starting. So we need 1 lineman, and a 3rd round pick is plenty high enough to get a good lineman.

We could really use an ILB to take Foreman's spot.. but it is not a huge necessity. Maybe our 4th rounder?

We have Dunta, I dont think a rookie CB is a huge priority this year.. next year, yah I could see it being really important.. but giving Dunta another year before we bring in another rookie would probably be a good idea.

FS is not a problem if we resign Mcree.. we will have Coleman and Mcree and that is good.

SS isnt a problem if Earl keeps playing like he is.. and we have Clemmons to back him up.

So really when ya think about it.. we DO need depth on defense but we are not hurting real bad at any position.. and we definatly need some young linemen.. but we still have free agency, and there are no linemen in the draft this year that are better prospects than Derrick Johnson.

The question would be.. who would johnson replace? Babin or Wong? if we get Johnson, it is gonna make the battle at OLB very interesting next offseason. (a battle at OLB! woo!!)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote