View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy73
But hey, he did give us good field position for us to run DD for 7 yards and then punt right? who needs a game changing return man when you can have good field position? The Buckeyes don't need Ginn to return punts for TDs, they really need Maurice hall and his sure hands to give them the ball on the oponents 40 instead. Miami doesn't need Devin Hester to break people off for TDs, what they need is fora sure handed return man to give them field position, screw TDs from a speedy Drummond, give me a good field position return culminating in our return man getting rodeoed by a punter, and then another lethargic 3 and out!!!!!
Having a speedy return man who returns kickoffs for TDs hasn't seemed to work too well for Cleveland or Buffalo. Terrence McGee of Buffalo has 2 KR for TD (same as Drummond) and they're not exactly setting the league on fire. Neither is Richard Alston and his Cleveland Browns with his one KR for a TD. What about Punt Returners like Arnaz Battle (SF) or R.W. McQuarters (CHI) or Nate Clements (BUF)? Surely their speed is what has propelled their teams to such successful seasons thus far. JJ has at least been reliable back there. That's more than I can say about most of the team in the past few games. If I have to choose between a speedy returner or a reliable/sure-handed returner I'll choose the reliable guy every time. Until we find a guy that is both then I'd stick with JJ. We need to have all three phases of the game show up for four quarters if we want to beat Tennesse.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote