1) Zone blocking - I say we trash it after the year is over. They have been using it for over 6 months - that includes 14 games, innumerable weekly practices, many training camp practices, and spring camps. If they don't have it working even to a mediocre level now, what makes you think that more time will make a difference?
2) I prefer the 4-3 for several reasons, which I won't enumerate here. Clearly, if they went to a 4-3, Capers would be let go, and we would bring in a new staff. I see that as unlikely for at least another 1-2 yrs. We are currently dead last in sacks, and 3rd down percentage, and 30th in yards allowed. That is unacaptble for a 3rd yr team running any defense. On top of that, for the most part, there has been a LACK of agressiveness, of which you speak.
3) Playing not to lose is ALWAYS a bad thing unless you have a three score lead with under 6 mintues to play. JMO. Outside of that, stay agressive imo. I really don't want to point out some of the flaws in the teams you mentioned, but the Ravens have no talent on offense, The Pats may be the most balanced team of all, and the Eagles have a mighty fine defense to name a few.
4) Here I can agree. We did play with no heart. That ultimately comes down on the coaches. They are the leaders of the troops, and if the team is unprepared, or plays lacluster ball, I peg that on the coaches. I also agree with most of the rest of your take here, although frankly, I see Capers as more of the problem than Palmer. But, that's just me.
5) Also agree. Davis is clearly uncomfortable running behind the zone blocking scheme.