View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool

A 6-10 season is still a success, because it shows positive progression over the past two seasons.

I will continue to pound the point that Charlie Casserly has ALWAYS said that this team is a FIVE YEAR PLAN, and we are only in year three!

While it is nice to talk about playoffs, I think it has always been delusional to actually expect an appearance. You are only setting yourself up for the inevitable fall.

Remember, this year is the FIRST TIME we even had back-to-back wins in our history, and you think we are ready for the NFL playoffs?!?!

Hey, I'm the first to admit that anything is possible, but I am also a realist that counters that pov with what is probable.

And the fact remains that we are still trying to BUILD our team with more talent so that we do not have to rely on perfect Texans play and help from our opponents in beating themselves.

And the fact is that we do NOT have a consistent running game, we do NOT have a good pass rush, and we do NOT have a O line that controls the trenches.

Without these key ingredients, it is a bit delusional to actually expect a playoff appearance this year (or any year for that matter).

Things are coming together, have patience.

Be realistic and ENJOY HAVING FOOTBALL IN OUR TOWN!!