View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48

Is age discrimination permitted in the US? Can I say I only want to hire a secretary who is under 25 years old? Can I say I will only rent my apartment to white females under 25 years old? I assume (but I guess I don't know) that all of these activities would be 'illegal' as discriminatory and struck down.
Yes it is. You can wait on tables if you are 16, but if someone orders a beer, you must get someone who is at least 18 to take it to the table and serve it. So what if the NFL wants their players a certain age, I have no problem with it, it is not hurting the league any. Just because one kid can't keep his nose clean and stay eligible for school, we should stop everything and lay out the red carpet for him. No way, get a job, work for a year and then maybe he will learn to appreciate the gift God gave him and quit screwing around.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote