Thread: Wand/Pitts
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004   #28
Dilbert R.
Rookie

This looks like Capers and crew are confident in Wand, and no doubt I'd like to see him be "that man" that puts it all together for us on the line - BUT I don't want him to be STARTING LT just for the experience - so he can get good enough to - well, uh, START. Pitts playing there was necessary because of T. Boseli - and the experience he has had on the line is going to pay off - whether he is at LT or LG. But Wand coming in there now, IF he isn't ready - just for experience - isn't necessary. SURELY, he must be ready, or we wouldn't have him in there at such an important position. He didn't look bad last year, and if he is READY - we are off and running. IF he isn't ready, and he's going in to "get ready" for the future - he will be the weak link on the line now. We can't afford to have the LT as the weak link. I guess I am impatient - the 5 year plan to me, looks like it could be a couple of years ahead of schedule - and I don't want to make moves now, for what we might have next year. HERE'S TO WAND BEING THE WALL ON THE LEFT SIDE AND GOING ON TO A HALL OF FAME CAREER BEGINNING THIS YEAR.
Dilbert R. is offline   Reply With Quote