View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004   #33
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Henson is an unproven commodity who's been out of the game for a long time--and never really played it at a major-college level for very long. I would LOVE to have him as a "project" backup because I think he has more upside than Ragu, but it was never possible and for that reason it never crossed my mind.

Plus, in order to structure his deal he wanted some funky contract conditions that are rarely ever even proposed in the NFL. For good reason!

We did fine in the deal, although I was hoping they could get that 2nd-rounder Casserly initially demanded. That's part of negotiating, though....
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote