View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004   #30
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think the fact we got a 3rd round choice for what is a QB who's been out of the game for 3 years is quite a deal. The Texan's personnel department is doing what any good NFL team's personnel department should do, and that is accumulating draft picks. The Patriots have done pretty well with respect to accumulating draft picks, and look where it has gotten them. I understand that people are impressed by Henson's collegiate career, but time and time again we see impressive college QBs put up less than impressive NFL numbers. Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, and the list goes on and on. And those guys didn't take 3 years off to play baseball. This isn't an attack on Henson, I hope he has success in Dallas. The point is that he is an unproven QB who had some trade value. A 3rd Round pick for an unproven QB is a pretty good deal for the Texans considering that the Bengals traded away Corey Dillion to the Patriots for a 2nd Round pick. All Dillion did was set the NFL rushing record for yards in a game before Jamal Lewis beat this past season. When you look at it from that perspective the deal looks much better.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote