View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I would trade DD for Barber as well. Just funny that there are now three areas for comparison for them: (1) fumbling problems evidently can be corrected, (2) size isn't what determines injuries or the ability to be a full time back and (3) hard to determine explosiveness merely from the longest run.

Clearly DD isn't even himself much less Barber this year. Although Wells has done better this year, DD is still the best we have until/unless Hollings can get healthy and prove something--of course it would help any RB have an opportunity to prove something for the OL to finally gel and do their job half way decently.
I understand. I also need to make clear that just because I do not like Dom's long term prospects as an NFL feature back, it doesn't mean I'm down on him. I think guys like Kevin Faulk and Dom Davis have a place in this league. I just don't see them as feature backs. They are both excellent fooball players just like Gaffney is a solid slot WR, but that doesn't make him worthless just because he is no WR1.

I just don't understand this mentality that if I don't see him as a legit first rate tailback in the NFL that I must think he is worthless.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote