View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004   #25
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfreeney93
Why aren't any of the Texans fans asking why the Texans were running a hurry up offense will their starters with less than 2 minutes to go down 42-14?
Actually, I never got a chance to finish my first post. Had to step away from the computer and never found the time between then and now to post. However, I was also upset with our coaching decision to allow Carr to still stay in with no reason whatsoever. If the coaches were thinking it was a sign of giving up well then it would've fit the rest of the team as it looked as if everyone gave up already. I thought the time would've been great for Tony B to get some reps and let David and a few others blow off some steam.

I am not complaining or crying about our team losing. We lost and we got beat very badly. Even to a point where many fans questioned their loyalty to this team. However, throwing on 3and1, and getting in our players face after a long bomb when you are already up by 28 or 35 (I lost count) is classless.

If yall make the argument about the Colts last year pulling off a remarkable come from behind victory against Tampa. Can you really compare the Colts offense to our Chris Palmer lead offense that has talent but not nearly as many parts as the Colts? The Colts are accustomed to throwing up 30 points in hard fought games, especially when their D doesn't "act" like it is a good defense like it did on Sunday. We, on the other hand have only scored 30 once in our existence and 7 of those points came on defense.

For those of us who saw the game on TV, I am sure you all will agree when I say that the sideline shots of Manning had him looking over the defense and looking at how he was going to score next. I am cool with that but he knew what he was doing when he was throwing on non throwing downs.

I am not complaining about how we lost, I am not whining about our a** whooping behind the tool shed the Colts gave us. I am merely pointing out that if the Colts want to take that approach with a division rival, they need to be aware that paybacks are a mutha.. Peyton has never had to endure something like that because that team has always been the nice guys of the league. But his injury status is going on long enough and eventually one day it is going to come back to bite him and the rest of the team in that arse, or he may have to write a check later on in December on even in the playoffs that his TD record can't cash. I am not wishing for revenge, just saying that the Colts' and our day is coming.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote