View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Just thought of this and I may be wrong, but I dont think it is the O-lines problem. I think it is Davis and his ability to cut so many times. If you watch Jamal Lewis and Rebuen Droughns (whose teams run zone blocking) they make one cut and get up the field. Davis tries to dance and find the right hold instead of making the one cut and heading up the field.
Major problem with your theory that Davis is dancing trying to find the right hole--it assumes that there is not just one, but multiple holes. That just wasn't the case last weekend. The OL was miserable just like last year in Jax when Hollings looked so bad to some people. Davis was "dancing" because the only thing he could see was the backs of his OL huddled together in fear of the mighty front seven of the Colts.